The Transformers: The Movie is a 1986 American animated science-fiction action adventure film directed by Nelson Shin and based on the Transformers toy line and the animated TV series titled The Transformers. The film was produced by Sunbow Productions, Marvel Productions, and Toie Animation and distributed by De Laurentiis Entertainment Group. The film was released on August 8, 1986.
In the year 2005, the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons has culminated in the Decepticons conquering their home planet Cybertron, while the Autobots
- Peter Cullen as Optimus Prime/Ironhide.
- Judd Nelson as Hot Rod, later known as Rodimus Prime.
- Robert Stack as Ultra Magnus.
- Scatman Crothers as Jazz.
- Dan Gilvezan as Bumblebee.
- Michael Bell as Prowl.
- Casey Kasem as Cliffjumper.
- Frank Welker as Wheelie.
- Frank Welker as Megatron/Soundwave/Frenzy/Rumble.
- Leonard Nimoy as Galvatron.